Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And so it begins...

For four longs days, I photographed red carpets at movie premiers and sat in on various panels including a conversation between acclaimed directors Richard Linklater and Todd Haynes. But now that interactive is over and film is trudging along, my week is only half over. Exhausted and spent as I may be, I cannot wait till 12:00 rolls around in a couple of hours and SXSW music begins.

My schedule today is as follows:
12:30 Anathello @ Radio Room
1:00 Samantha Crain @ Radio Room
2:00 Horse Feathers @ Club DeVille (I hope that's what time they play)
3:00 Thao with the Get Down Stay Down @ Club Deville (same)
4:00 Wild Light @ Radio Room (just read in a Paste that they are similar to Arcade Fire)
5:00 M. Ward @ Radio Room

As an official SXSW photographer, I was assigned to a punk rock showcase at Habana Bar. Wish me luck in survival! I hear those punk kids do some funny dancing.

Beginning at 8 PM, I'll be at Habana Bar photographing the following: The Reaction, Thee Headliners, Stupid Party, Future Virgins, Shellshag, This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb, Hickoids -- 8:30 to 2:00 AM. So another long day to follow.

Take care, and thanks for reading.

What are you planning on seeing this afternoon?



No comments:

Post a Comment